A home tutor is a teacher who teaches kids in the comfort of their homes. These classes are typically priced higher than other tuitions because the teachers come to your homes to teach your kids. Home tutors generally are hired to teach one subject or a group of subjects. It depends on the kids’ needs.
Home tutors are typically hired for the following reasons:
- Some students may lack some subjects, as reflected in the scores on various tests. Tutors may help these students improve their skills in these subjects by focusing on the concepts rather than rote learning.
- Assigns homework at the end of the day and check the work done by the student the next day. The tutors correct the students if there are any mistakes. If there are no mistakes, the tutor commends the work done by the student.
- While learning the concepts are important, writing tests and testing the skills and concepts learned through tutoring is important. The tutor would have weekly or fortnight tests to understand how much the student understands.
- After evaluating the tests, the tutor would discuss the results with both the student and the parents so that both parties are aware of the progress made by the student.
- Each student is different and has different needs. A tutor is responsible for identifying the student’s needs and accordingly tutoring them so that they get benefitted.
There are various advantages to hiring a home tutor.
Some of the advantages of home tutoring are as follows:
- A lot of kids find it very hard to focus in class and do not ask doubts because they feel like they will get judged if they ask a doubt which may come across as a stupid doubt by the student’s peers. However, in a one-on-one learning setting, the student is free enough to ask any doubts that he or she has about the tutor.
- In a classroom setting, there are a lot of distractions like peers talking and commotion outside the classroom, or some kids also get distracted looking outside the windows. However, students do not get distracted that easily in a home tutoring setting. This way, they can give their complete focus on the concept they are learning.
- Home tuition will help boost the self-esteem and confidence of the student as they will open up to asking doubts slowly. This way, they will open up in class and participate in school as well.
- The best home tutors can understand the students’ needs and accordingly teach to benefit the student. Tutors are also seen to motivate the students to put their best efforts into the concepts they are learning.
- In a classroom setting, teachers are limited in the time they get per class. Often, teachers stick to the syllabus to complete it on time. However, home tutors can take the extra time to teach relevant concepts outside of the syllabus so that the students understand the concepts completely.
There are a lot of parents who prefer female home tutors over male home tutors. This is because female tutors are known to have much more patience than male tutors. A lot of students also find female tutors more communicative and warmer. So, parents are inclined toward hiring a female tutor for their kids.
This does not mean that male tutors don’t teach well. On the contrary, according to psychology, women have much more patience than men. This is the main contributing reason why parents prefer female tutors.
If you are looking for home tutors in Chandigarh, you can Google “home tutor in Chandigarh.” This will yield a lot of results. In addition, you can weigh the pros and cons of the tutors based on reviews and word of mouth from others who have hired them before.